Adelaide Business Collective is a not-for-profit body that works on behalf of its business members in the City and North Adelaide to create a vibrant and prosperous business environment.
The 'BUSINESS VOICE' for ADELAIDE CITY
WHO ARE WE?
WHY ARE WE HERE?
WHAT ARE OUR AIMS?
Define the business priorities from the broader business community and ensure they are being addressed
Represent the views of our Members City-wide to Council and State Government
Engage with our City business Members through surveys and communications to understand and meet their needs
Leverage promotional activity and marketing campaigns to ensure the optimal benefits for businesses
Develop a collaborative working arrangement with the Adelaide Economic Development Agency and Council
Work closely with Rundle Mall, Adelaide Central Market, Precincts, mainstreet businesses and independents
Consider opportunities that may reduce business costs for our Members
Engage with property owners to attract new businesses and reduce vacancies
Partner with key agencies and the State Government to drive economic growth in the City
Develop a Terms of Reference with AEDA as a key partner
WHAT HAVE WE ACHIEVED SO FAR?
- Establish an Incorporated Association called the Adelaide Business Collective (2018)
- Develop a business and retail sector skills-based Committee representative of the various business sectors and geographical locations of the City and North Adelaide (2018)
- Seek funding from the City of Adelaide (Council) to conduct a Feasibility Study of a Citywide business partnership consistent with overseas models of Business Improvement Districts (Council funded the Study in 2019)
- Ensure that our ABC Members including traders in Rundle Mall, Central Market and Precinct Groups were engaged in the Feasibility Study (online consultation, Members survey)
- Share outcomes with Foundation Members and stakeholders, and if agreed, progress with Council to a 3-year pilot period. The ABC welcomes the new ADELAIDE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AGENCY that commenced operating in January 2021
- Currently we are working with Council & the new Agency Board to establish an Advisory Committee to represent the business sector right across the City
THE ABC COMMITTEE
CHAIR / PUBLIC OFFICER
Adelaide West End Association, UNISA
Operations Manager – Spendless Shoes
Director – Premier Retail Marketing /
Retail Adelaide City
THE ABC COMMITTEE
FIONA KRAWCZYK – Marketing/Brand Manager – Haighs’ Chocolates
MARIA FAVARO – Owner – Chianti Restaurant
DAVID BUENFELD – Director – Belle Property Commercial
MICHAEL GRAY – Partner – DFK Gray Perry Chartered Accountants
JAMES ECONOMOS – Director/Architect – ECON GROUP
SCOTT MOSEN –
Business Development Manager – Guide Dogs SA
JOSHUA HILLARY – General Manager Business Development BSGM Hospitality
GERARD McCABE – Owner – Gerard McCabe Jewellers
DANNY LEVERINK – Owner of BICI Bakery & Patisserie